OUR COVID-19 RESPONSE
The safety of our clients, our staff, and visitors to the office is of paramount importance during this time. Therefore, we will observe the following precautions in accordance with CDC guidelines in order to maintain a healthy work environment and we expect all staff and visitors to adhere to these precautions:
DEBRA ROBINSON LAW GROUP COVID-19 CLIENT POLICY
- If you are experiencing COVID- 19 symptoms such as fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting or diarrhea, PLEASE CALL TO CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT.
- In consideration of current CDC guidance for wearing masks, all clients and employees are requested to wear masks while in the office. Hand sanitizer will be available upon entry to the office, and at strategic locations throughout the office. Social distancing will be practiced within the firm.
- For clients coming to sign documents, we have arranged tables in our workshop room so that our attorneys and staff will be able to maintain social distance while assisting in the execution of your documents. We will provide you with a pen that has never been used, which you can either take with you when you leave, or we will dispose of it for you.
DEBRA ROBINSON LAW GROUP COVID-19 OFFICE POLICY
- Any attorney or staff member experiencing symptoms such as fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting or diarrhea should immediately report those symptoms to Debra Robinson (whether or not the symptoms occur at the office) and follow CDC recommended precautions.
- Attorneys or staff who have a sick family member at home should immediately notify Debra Robinson and follow CDC recommended precautions.
- Attorneys and staff should report any contact with persons with suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- DRLG will provide a forehead thermometer to check temperatures. Any person with a temperature of 100.4 F or greater will not be allowed entry and/or will be required to leave the suite.
- All attorneys and staff should wash their hands with soap and water frequently and/or use hand sanitizer. DRLG will provide soap and water in the kitchen and hand sanitizer at strategic locations within the suite. Hands should be washed or sanitized often.
- All surfaces shall be disinfected immediately following interaction with a person who is not a DRLG attorney or staff member. In addition, surfaces in the office shall be disinfected as often as possible.
- Attorneys and staff should avoid using other employees’ phones, desks, offices, or work tools and equipment, when possible. If not possible, they should be cleaned and disinfected before and after each use.
In addition to the precautions that we are taking in our office, we are continuing to offer virtual appointments at your request. Please be aware that our ability to offer remote document signing appointments is made possible by the Executive Order regarding the Public Health State of Emergency in Georgia. For this reason, we are only able to offer appointment for document signing via Zoom as appointments are available in alignment with dates included in renewals of the Executive Order.As always, we are here for you. Please contact us at 770-817-4999 or email@example.com to book an appointment today.