Estate Planning for a Lifetime
October is National Estate Planning Awareness Month. Many people view Estate Planning as a “one and done,” believing that the decisions they make when drafting their documents are permanent. This can lead to undo stress and worry about how relationships with executors, agents or beneficiaries may change over a lifetime and how those changes may impact your wishes. A better approach is to view your Estate Plan as something with which you will have a lifelong relationship. Check points will be needed across the years and having the flexibility to make changes may bring comfort to a sometimes daunting task.
In order to provide the utmost flexibility, our firm offers an Estate Plan Maintenance Program with benefits that extend far beyond the ability to make simple changes (although that is a benefit, too!). Our Annual Maintenance Program includes:
• No charge for reasonable phone calls by you, your representatives, or your professional advisors to anyone in our office
• Law firm initiated changes to your documents to take advantage of changes in law
• Annual summary of your current estate plan
• Annual checkup – we will contact you to get current information regarding changes to your family, your assets, or other matters that might affect your estate plan
• Assistance to your disability panel to verify your disability and get your successor Trustee appointed
• “Word processing” amendments to your estate planning documents at no additional charge. If changes are more complex than just word processing, the annual maintenance fee paid will be deducted from the bill
• On-going guidance with funding of new assets acquired during the year
• A meeting with your family or helpers upon your disability or death to explain the plan you created and outline the assistance available in maintaining or settling your plan (any new services, if required, will be identified and billed separately)
• Safekeeping your original estate plan documents
• Special pricing for family members to do planning during the year – a 15% discount
• Referrals to attorneys with other practice specialties and to other professionals such as accountants, elder care specialists and realtors
In celebration of National Estate Planning Awareness Month, I am extending an offer to all existing clients to join the Maintenance Program now for the 2021 Annual Fee of $395 for Married Clients and $295 for Single Clients—you’ll receive the last two months of 2020 for free.
Wondering if it is time to revisit your Estate Plan? Click here to download our Annual Checkup Questionnaire, one of the resources typically reserved for Maintenance Plan members.
My firm and I are constantly seeking new ways to bring value to the services we offer. As always, I am grateful to count you among my clients. If you are ready to join our Maintenance Program or have any questions, please reach out to my team at 770-817-4999 or email@example.com.